Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hooray! I begin!

Great news! I absolutely KNOW where I'm going! Had a wonderful dream 2 nights ago about a short story I want to develop. It will be a Children's Book! I have a character, Freddie the Box Turtle and his keeper/best friend, Suzannah Rebeccah Cohen. The story takes place in NYC, and the Cohen's are an upper-class family living in the Penthouse apartment overlooking Central Park.

I've decided to make this book Jewish friendly, as well as for the rest who are non-Jewish! I have a complete outline, and I'm ready to begin writing. I wasn't even thinking of doing a Children's book, which is amazing. I think my God wanted me to start simply, using simple language, simple ideas, and allowing Him to show me that simple beginnings have great value.

I am SO NOT overwhelmed, but excited like ever to begin. Please send me an e-mail at my cox.net address if you want to be involved. I sense working my pages through this site might not be judicious - I have a hesitancy - don't know why, but I'll be cautious nonetheless. I will give updates and "segments" that will tantalize the senses, on this blog.

I've done my research on "Children and Box Turtles", and will weave in the story how children reading this "book" (in the future) will understand the care for, and pleasure of, having a little creature to care for.

So, I'm off and running like... A HERD OF TURTLES!

1 comment: